Owner from 1802 to 1808
Judge Joseph Lee died childless, leaving the house and farm to his nephews, Thomas and Joseph Lee. Thomas, an affluent merchant who had made a fortune as a master mariner, bought Joseph’s portion of the property. In 1803 Thomas Lee built a mansion for his family at 153 Brattle Street on part of the farm’s acreage, and rented out the house. In 1808 he sold the house.