Cornelius Waldo

Owner from 1733 to 1758

Usually described as a Boston merchant, Waldo bought the house from Henry in 1733 and owned it for the rest of his life, although there is no record of him having lived in the house. He made a number of improvements, including casing of exposed beams, and possibly added paneling and moldings in some rooms. In 1742 Waldo placed a “to be lett” advertisement in the Boston Newsletter for a “house with gardens and other accommodations to a gentleman for a country seat…” His widow sold the house in 1758.