Thank you for your interest in conducting research with the Cambridge Historical Society. In compliance with Governor Baker’s stay-at-home advisory, our archivist is remotely monitoring emails, but we have limited access to the materials that help us answer questions. Please keep this in mind when making requests, which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we are not currently scheduling appointments for in-person researchers. We will resume normal operations when local and state authorities advise us that it is safe to do so.
In the meantime, if you are a Cambridge resident, we invite you to respond to our Cambridge & COVID-19 Survey. Consider this an opportunity to add your voice to the historical record!
Thank you for your inquiry!
The Cambridge Historical Society holds specific records relating to the history of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Please send your request for information or an appointment to email@example.com. Response time for requests is minimum a week, but can be variable depending on the inquiry’s nature/complexity
- Searches are limited by time, fees may apply
TO VIEW MATERIALS IN OUR COLLECTION:
- Please provide specific box and folder numbers for your request from our finding aids.
- Suggest some days that work best for you. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 AM-5PM. Because of our small staff, we cannot accommodate drop-in researchers.
FOR IMAGE REQUESTS:
- Please make arrangements at least three weeks before your deadline. We cannot accommodate last minute requests.